Clover Sonoma® and Los Angeles-based nonprofit FEAST partner with a shared mission to support marginalized and food insecure families, children, and communities in LA through nutrition education, access to healthy foods, and empowering programs
To kick off our partnership with FEAST in August, we held a virtual back-to-school event with Chef Courtney Storer around creating a healthy, well-balanced RAINBOW lunch. We invited 18 FEAST families to join a cooking demonstration where parents and children made Rainbow Wraps with colorful whole foods, veggies and pico de gallo, along with Clover Sonoma organic Monterey Jack Cheese. This paired well with our new Clover the Rainbow smoothies, which are an excellent protein and calcium source that offer billions of probiotics.
- 1 chole wheat wrap (look for 3g fiber or more)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup clean spinach
- 1 large vine ripe tomato
- 2 tbsp yellow onion
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- 2 slices Clover Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1Rinse the pinto beans. Put 1/2 a cup of beans into a bowl and season with salt and olive oil.
- 2Make the Pico de Gallo by dicing the onion and chopping the tomato. Add lime juice and salt to taste.
- 3Remove the seeds and "julienne" (of cut into "matchsticks) the red pepper
- 4Build the wrap by layering cheese, beans, Pico de Gallo, bell pepper, carrot and spinach. Roll it up and enjoy!