Clover The Rainbow Corndog Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups organic yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Clover The Rainbow DHA Omega 3 Organic Whole Milk
- 2 Clover Large Brown Cage Free Eggs
- 1/4 cup Clover Organic Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 6 Stemple Creek Ranch Classic All Beef Hot Dogs
This yummy kid-friendly recipe for Corn Dog Muffins is sure to be an instant hit with your family! Inspired by the county fair favorite, this healthier finger food version is baked, rather than fried, and features high quality ingredients including grass fed, sustainably raised Classic All Beef Hot Dogs from local Stemple Creek Ranch in Tomales, California.
This easy-to-make treat is perfect for school lunches, snacks, and can even be baked and frozen to enjoy later.
Kids love mixing the batter, filling the muffin tins, and topping each serving with a cut hot dog. They come out of the oven puffed and lightly browned in just 16 minutes.
Serve these muffins warm from the oven with dipping sides of ketchup and mustard for lots of smiles!
Clover The Rainbow Corn Dog Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a twelve cup muffin tin.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the milk, eggs, butter, and vinegar together. Add to the dry ingredients, and mix just until incorporated.
- 4Scoop the batter into each individual muffin cup, filling 3/4 full.
- 5Cut hot dogs in lengths that fit the top of each muffin cup, and gently lay 1 segment into the batter lengthwise, pressing down slightly (hot dog should still be visible).
- 6Bake the muffins on the center oven rack for 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Test doneness by inserting a toothpick into the cornbread. When it comes out clean, they're done!
- 7Remove muffins from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 8Serve warm with condiments of your choice.
- 9Notes: Muffins may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. They also freeze well! To save even more time, use your favorite boxed cornbread mix and follow the directions using Clover milk, eggs, and butter.